Friday, June 5, 2009

TODAYS FARM SHARE # 3 - June 5, 2009 Delivery





Hello folks,

The picking and the delivery went smoothly today. Somehow Heather and I have been able to finish prepping by 11:30 each time. Those of you who get delivery West of town center should know that your share may come as early as 11:30. I hope all the new folks are enjoying their vegies and that everything is in good condition. Thanks for setting out your coolers in easy places. Please remember to leave clean jars and bags if you have them. That way I won't need to keep finding more and more of these.

More on the weeds in your mesclun: Bear in mind that although Heather and I very careful, it is certainly possible for us to make mistakes and include untasty weeds as well as yummy ones. If you are ever uncertain about a particular leaf's edibility, set it aside, call or write, I would be happy to help you identify the item. Most likely it will be something tasty and nutritious, just unfamiliar. Sometime soon I will post to the farm blog with photos of the various items in this year's mesclun mixture. The leaves are beautiful.

This week's mix includes thinnings from Swiss chard, Yukina Savoy (a dark green, thick leaf with a peppery taste), Red and White Russian Kale, kolrabi and spinach. Plus the usual lettuce leaves, mizuna, cress, 2 kinds of arugula and more.



THIS FULL SHARE # 3

mesclun 1 1/4 #
head lettuce - 1
radishes - 16 - 18
arugula 6 oz.
apple mint
dill
a sprig of Sweet Cicely
baby greens - 2 kinds, about 12 oz each - Winterbor Kale, Red Russian Kale, spinach, Rapa turnips, mustard mix
bouquet




MINI SHARES - 2 items plus a sprig of Sweet Cicely
head lettuce - 2 small
mesclun - 8 oz
arugula - 6 oz
radishes - 1 bunch
mini bouquet

Monday's pick up shares will be similar. I will post that to the blog only so you don't get overloaded with emails.
http://lastingimpressionscsa.blogspot.com/

I also post photos to facebook. If you happen to have an account there, look for me. I have my preferences set so that everyone can see the farm photos.

Enjoy the weekend.
Laura

No comments: