Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Delivery #7 - July 11, 2008

COMING THIS WEEK

mesclun
kale
baby pak choy
summer squash or zucchini?
turnips?
snow peas
shelling peas?
sage - perhaps a sampling of other herbs

bouquet - Yarrow, Sweet Peas, Veronica, Gypsophilia (Baby's Breath), Rubeckia, Dianthus, Shapdragons, Agrotemma, lilies?, Calendula, Centaurea, etc. The flowers are really coming in strong.


GARDEN NEWS
I am getting a bit tired of rain. Especially when I look around and see how fast the weeds are growing. Luckily I have some time this weekend for the garden and sunshine is predicted so I plan on a weeding marathon.

Truly I am grateful for the rain. It makes everything grow. Yesterday I noticed that the summer squash plants are so big that I can actually bend down under them and look up! And there are little zukes and squashes under there so in a short time we will be eating squash. The currants are starting to turn red and I picked a handful of raspberries. I am hoping there will be enough raspberries to share with you all. Reclaiming the patch is long term project that seems to be bearing fruit...;). It's encouraging to see the progress. The baby corn is about a foot high. The beans plants are bigger every time I look at them. The zinnias look fat and happy. It's a jungle out there!

Late again this week with the CSA prediction; just having too much fun singing.

Laura
lastingimpressionscsa.blogspot.com/

No comments: