Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Delivery #15 - September 5, 2008

GARDEN NEWS
No matter what I do there is always plenty more to keep me occupied. I love it but I am already feeling the fall hussle along with the cool mornings and shorter days. Something is turning a corner, or at least approaching a corner. I find myself thinking often of what do I want to do in 2009, how many shares can I grow, where shall I extend the garden, what new perennials do I want to plant (asparagus, quince and black currants for sure!), and generally planning and dreaming. One idea I had yesterday is to offer a "MINI-SHARE". This would be for the folks who just want a little bit of fresh local vegetables in their lives but don't want a full half share. It would be just a couple of items each week, maybe mesclun or lettuce and one other item. I haven't worked out the details yet but if you have friends who are admiring your vegetables but think a share looks too big for them, pass on the word please.

Happily I have changed my work schedule so I no longer have to work 3-4 hours after delivery. Phew. So I will continue to bring your share at some point on Friday, aiming for noon but with leeway for a non stressful morning of picking and preparing with Karen. I hope this works for you all. (I feel like a small part of the 'slow food' movement.)

Speaking of Karen, she's terrific! What a boon to the farm. Thank you so much, Karen!
For a photo of Karen and last week's share see the post from August 29.

COMING THIS WEEK

soy beans (edemame)
baby corn
mesclun
apple drops for sauce or pie
Swiss chard
carrots
beets
squash
cucumbers
beans
radishes?
a few tomatoes
red onions
BOUQUET


Laura

No comments: