Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Delivery #20 - October 10, 2008

Hello farm members,

Here we go again. It's so amazing to me how the garden keeps producing. It is getting cold and it's starting to feel like time for me to wind down and prepare for winter so this will be your penultimate delivery. (Wow, I don't think I have ever used that word in my entire life!) I have already started looking at seed catalogs and dreaming and planning for next year.

I have a fair amount of the garden under cover and plan on covering more, just to see how long things can go. Keep your fingers crossed and we may have some more tomatoes and peppers for the last delivery.

THIS WEEK'S DELIVERY
kale
turnip greens? (The chickens got into these a bit.)
Baldwin apple drops
radishes
beets
bok choy
bouquet - Karen and I keep adding more and more wild things lately. Look for Kousa dogwood berries and wild rose hips in this week's bouquet. --As it turned out, I couldn't find any rose hips but found other bright red berries - NOT edible though.

See you Friday,
Laura

No comments: