Monday, May 7, 2012

SHARES START NEXT WEEK!







May 7, 2012

Hi folks,

I just thought I would practice sending out a message on Monday morning as a warm up for next week.  Amazing, exciting and true - the Full and Half Shares will start on Thursday, May 17!  You can look for an email about what to expect in the shares next Monday and usually I send a quick message out on Thursday when everything is picked and prepped.

There has been lots of delicious eating coming out of the hoophouse for over a month now and the plantings outside get bigger every day.  Most likely, the first share will include kale, lettuce, spinach, radishes, and maybe more.  Pak choy, arugula and salad greens will be ready soon.  Early shares tend to be smaller than the ones later in the season; the cycle of the shares reflects the cycle of the harvest.

Pick Up is Thursday afternoon to early evening.  It's best if you can get your share before 6.  Please let me know if you will be later or if I need to refrigerate your share.  I wish I had enough refrigeration space for all the shares all the time but I don't, and so I use coolers and coldpaks.  I like to keep your food in a really fresh and nutritious condition so that means shifting to the frig if needed.

Most items will be in bags or plastic containers.  Please wash and dry and return your bags and containers.  If possible, bring your own bags for your share items.  I am trying to switch to a distribution method that uses less packaging but it's a slow process.  Until then, I need your help keeping up with the need for clean containers.

Flowers:  Once again there will be flowers for Make-Your-Own bouquets.  There will be more and more as the season progresses.  I pick the flowers and put them in containers of water.  You can then choose what appeals to you and bring them home.  I suggest that you bring a big jar or vase to transport your flowers.

Mini Shares start Thursday, June 7.  Eggs & Extras continuing all season.  If you want to be added to that email list, let me know.  And if you don't want to be on this list, let me know, although one person per household needs to be getting these messages.

That's all I can think of at the moment.  I am looking forward to sharing the garden with you!

Back to planting,
Laura
Sweet Morning Farm
Leyden, MA
Sweet Morning Farm on Facebook

Buttercrunch Lettuce



Red Russian Kale

No comments: