Thursday, May 26, 2011

SHARE # 1 - 2011


TODAY'S SHARE

Thing went pretty well today. I still have a fair amount of prep work to do to make the process more speedy. Simple things like cleaning up the dining room (where we prep the shares) so there is more counter top/table space to use. Also, I need to finish cleaning up the garage so I can make a long term set up. But, all in all, it went well and I am happy with the size and quality of the shares. I had to pick all the head lettuce but that's fine. The mesclun is getting bigger every day and I have lots more small head lettuce plants to set out.

I am trying out a whole new system of distribution this year so it was fun to try out a few new things. No delivery anymore, just pickups. And the bouquets are MYO (Make Your Own). I did not separate each person's share but instead put the bags or bundles of each thing all together and let the farm members pick out their own. Lots of new details to think about.

SHARE # 1 (quantities are approximate)

Half Share:
Rhubarb 1 # 6 OZ.
Lettuce 13.5 OZ
Spinach 1 1/4 #
Peppermint 1 bunch
Violets 1 bunch

Full Share: Twice as much.

For cooking ideas see the Farm Recipe Blog

Flowers: Tree Peonies, Leopard's Bane, Hosta leaves, Perennial Centaurea

TODAY'S SENSATION

No comments: